Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Patches and Dairy Barns!





these 5 days off started with a BANG!  But it was a long weekend full of fun outings, good friends and GREAT times!  Thursday after my kids teacher conferences we jumped in the van with some friends and hit up Cheny's Dairy Barn in Bowling Green.  What a great time!  We did a corn maze, played on a play ground, got some free ice cream, and as an added bonus, as I was chatting up the manager he told us to drive down the road to where the cows are and see the baby calves that were just born.  So we did, and one of the farmhands came out and let the kids bottle feed the calves!  It was truly an amazing experience for them.  The the next day we went to a local pumpkin patch and got our pumpkins and had some more run petting animals and watching a pig race.  Then Friday afternoon I got some surprise visitors at my front door!  My good friend from Fort Jackson, SC came to say hello and spend the weekend here! 

0 comments: