Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 1 - Ship Day

well today is just about over, ship day has come and gone. DH (dear hubby) has the joy of being on CQ (charge of quarters) tonight, meaning he is at the company for 24 + hours making sure everyone is behaving. I was able to be at the company when the new crop of soldiers arrived, it was inspiring to see how determined these young men and women are! I am anxious and hopeful that this cycle will prove one of the best yet! AAA-O!!! (that is our Battalions' modo) At 8pm tonight I got a 1 word text message from him saying "FOOD" that ment he did not get a chance to eat at the mess hall/DFAC, so I loaded up the kids in the jammies and ran to BK, only to find out they close at 8pm, PUNKS! So off post I had to go, I picked him up some McDonalds and ran it into the company, I didn't see him as he was with the PVTS so I just left it on the desk. As I was leaving I heard someone whistling coming down the stairs and I just knew it was him, sure enough, so I got a little kiss and off I went. The kids were exhausted after a long day out.

Myself and 4 other Army wives took 16 kids to the zoo today in our Halloween costumes. It was FANTASTIC! The day was filled with both kids asking if Daddy was coming home? They've got used to him being around after almost 2 weeks off cycle. Poor babies. I explained that Daddy is back to work, and Ariana my 7 year old says "oh so he'll be working really late again" It's amazing how balanced and accepting my children are. I am so proud of them! This life isn't the easiest but darnit they ROCK IT OUT! Anywho, it's nearing 11pm and I'm tired. Off to my lonely be I go, at least the doggies will keep be company tonight, ha ha!

Household 6 signing out!

0 comments: