Thursday, December 18, 2014

"Get up you sonofabitch, because Mickey loves ya!"


Today's post is about resilience.  A topic near and dear to my heart.  My family has been through a lot, more than I think others realize.  But here we stand.  In my depths of despair and misery I could have given up and let go, but I chose to keep going with my head held high.  It was not easy and I could not have done it without the help of many people surrounding us with love and support.  And for that I am thankful.  Thankful that we have this extra family around.  The Army Family.  Family that I have experienced great loss and great joy with.  How can you be so thankful to this family and yet hate it so much at the same time?  Ok I don't hate my Army family, I just hate the Army right now.  I never thought those words would come out of my mouth, But I do. I hate it.  Since moving to Fort Campbell I have seen a decline in Soldier support and care.  Most of the leaders are more concerned about looking the part then actually taking the time to care for their soldiers.  And that disgusts me.  In my silly warped civilian mind I assumed that leaders are to look out for and care for their subordinates?  Well guess what?  I haven't seen that happen in about 4 years and it's sad.  Now don't get me wrong, there are some great leaders out there and that have crossed our paths, but the majority will smile at your face had hug you while they stick a knife right in your back.  Disgusting!!! Why? Why is this happening?  Is it jealousy?  Is it because you need to feel superior?  I have no idea but it's sad.  I believe in Karma, and if you have an ugly heart ugly things will catch up to you.  In the same instance if you continue to do good, good things will come. So that is why I am not worried about me or my family.  We are good, we have good hearts.  Yes we may struggle but eventually we will be ok.  and that my friends is resilience.  pushing through, knowing and believing the outcome will be victorious.  I just hope others in our situation have the same outlook, yes you've been beaten down, yes you may be at the edge of a cliff or your back to a wall, but keep your head up and know that things will work out and be fine.
My husband got called into the Garrison Commanders office and notified he will be going through the QMP board in February.  All because of 1 piece of paper.  one. Nevermind the past 15 years and the many soldiers hes mentored and helped because he cares for his Soldiers.  Always has.  But unfortunately for him he is not a "yes" man and that ruffled some feathers.  Sad. So by this time next year we could be out of the Army and trying our hand in the civilian world, or we will still be here in Germany trying to move on from this event.  Either way we will be ok.  So onward we push with the future unclear.  But we move towards it united as a family.    

0 comments: